Six days ago, I got a comment on one of my posts letting me know that I had been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award. I was nominated by Jen who has her own blog Chronic Perspective. I love that name.
It has taken me all these days to write this post. As part of the nomination process, I am supposed to tell you 7 things about me. That’s not easy, but it’s not as hard as another of the requirements which is to nominate 15 other blogs for the award. Here’s the complete list of requirements:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform the nominees by commenting on their blog
As I explained to Jen, I don’t know 15 other bloggers (and their blogs). I spend an inordinate amount of time reading news articles in order to have material for my posts. I spend a less inordinate (but still significant) amount of time on social media (mostly Twitter). Therefore I have no time to be social with fellow bloggers. This is something I must work on. But first things first.
Jen, thank you for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I write because I love it. It brings me great pleasure and sanity, and while writing is a solitary and isolating activity, in the end I think that most of us write so that we can connect with people. Receiving this nomination is confirmation that I’m reaching some people out there. It’s comforting, motivating and a bit scary. Oh, and definitely lovely. I’m honored.
Now, as for 7 facts about myself:
1. I think too much and by this I mean that I analyze and overanalyze. I call it mental masturbation and it’s mostly anticlimactic.
2. When I was young I wanted to be a nun, a race car driver, and a jazz lounge singer. I am, of course, none of these three.
3. I am, both, organized and messy.
4. I speak 3.25 languages. Three fluently (English, Spanish, French) and the .25 (Mandarin) badly.
5. I love office supplies. I love to buy them and organize them, so much so that I had a special drawer cabinet made to keep them, well, organized.
6. I love bookstores but, now that I have a Kindle, I never visit them.
7. I am right now wondering if I should change any of the above and why is it that we only have to say 7 things and not 8, 9, or 10.
Now, for the 15 bloggers I need to nominate, I cannot do so in one go. I will start off the list today and periodically add names. But don’t know when I’ll complete it, if ever:
1. The Bloggess: Her blog’s banner has a picture of herself in hair rollers and one of her categories is “Random Crap.” Need I say more? Maybe I should, but I need to get busy looking for 14 other lovely blogs to nominate.