Ahem…I’m back? Not sure. I’m confused, still going through an identity crisis of sorts, the blog, that is, not me. I’ve been tempted to write a post many times in the six months that I’ve been gone. I thought that this off time/time off would clear things up for me.
It didn’t. But, I’m more rested and getting the bug to write again. When I stopped back in June, it was due to fatigue, to the need to be more social in real life less in media, and mostly to a desire to stop adding to the poisonous environment.
However, I haven’t gotten rid of my sarcastic edge, nor do I want to. Although now I feel like writing more about books and TV than about Trump. There’s nothing else to say about him anyway, except that he’s been a godsend. No Democratic political strategy or media campaign could have shown how far right and off the cliff the GOP has gone.
But getting back to the blog’s identity crisis. If I just write about entertainment, will you respect me in the morning, and in all hours thereafter? I’ve also been thinking about making shorter posts (I had this idea before Jon Stewart, by the way. He’s always copying me). Yet, I’m still against turning the blog into a collection of listicles, no matter how well it turned out for Buzzfeed. Although I do have a post on the tip of my fingers about the 10 ways Star Wars was not such a great film, after all. You see? Very confusing. I’m confused, which is why I decided to write this post. Why not share my confusion with you? After all, misery loves company.
I exaggerate (for dramatic flair). I’m not miserable, just confused. But not about the fact that I’ve already said that several times. Even though I’m confused, I do know some things. This is what I know:
- I want to be free.
- I want to be free to write as I wish, putting periods and commas where they belong according to my taste and focus rather than according to proper grammar rules.
- I want to be free to write when I want, eliminating a fixed publishing schedule.
- I want the posts to be shorter, and more pointed.
- I want to take myself and/or my posts less seriously which could be related to point 4 or not.
- I want to write constructively unless it’s about TV and books on which I want the full power of my judgment to be in force.
- I’m not sure I want to write about politics ever again.
- I just wrote a listicle.
- I don’t know what will happen next.
- Except that I will click on the “Publish” button and so you will hear from me once again.
Now, I might be less confused. But, I’m not sure. Until next time, whenever that will be, I send you
All the best